Monday, April 22, 2013

Sue's Remembrance

Written by Susan Crosbie, wife of Steve Crosbie: 


For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Sue, I’m Ed’s daughter-in-law.
I’m married to Steve, who now that you’ve heard his eulogy, you know why I love and cherish him so.
I’ve known Steve for almost 42 and a half swiftly flown by years.  Two days after we met, we traveled to his family home in Park Forest for a visit with his mom and dad and brother, Rick.  It was the day before his 21st birthday.  This was the first of many family visits to come over the years.
This past week, as I’ve been thinking about Ed, memories of these visits are the strongest coming through to me.  I remember my happy anticipation as we drove to the Crosbie’s warm and comfortable home.  Ed was always cheerful and obviously happy to welcome us.  There was always an abundance of food, (Ed loved the roast beast), toasts with wine or New Year’s champagne, lots of music, sometimes singing while Ed played Christmas carols, sometimes dancing, always games, lots of laughter.
So, not to worry, Ed, your spirit will be simple to conjure up, we will raise our glasses to toast you at our future family gatherings.  Thanks for the wonderful family memories, and from me, thanks for raising up my lovely Steve, who I suspect you always knew I totally adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment